Babies and small children are delicate...but parents more so!



     Why the above heading? Allow me to explain.


     Babies and small children can be excused for behaving badly… they have no understanding of the consequences of their actions. They won’t be feeling guilty about keeping mum or dad up all night. They won’t feel guilty about throwing food all over the floor.


     Parents on the other hand do not have the luxury of not understanding consequences.

All parents make mistakes… we are human.


     Even the very best make mistakes, yet making mistakes is very different from choosing to behave badly.


     Behaving badly is seen through different glasses, and is viewed so differently by various peoples and cultures. What one-person views as bad, another will surely view as good.


Politics is the perfect example. One side sees communism as the best and another sees it as the worst… simple example.


The Children of Israel must view good and bad behavior through the prism of Torah and the example of Yeshua HaMoshiach.


     The Ten Words/Commandments give us the foundation.


     Opinions of man, when opposed to Torah, need to be discarded.


     Current example causing confusion amongst the young… Gender doesn’t matter according to the leftist elite.


      If you are a boy but feel like a girl today, then a girl you are. What foolishness… these fools are still using gender terms to push their cause. On one hand they are doing away with gender [even wanting to leave it off birth certificates] yet on the other they have to use gender terms to support their foolish causes… go figure.


     There are many reasons behind this push to nullify gender. Two that concern me are:

·                 The deliberate attempt to try and destroy the vital importance of God’s design in making Male and Female.


·              The deliberate attempt to destroy the family structure according to biblical Torah.


    Now before you go off pointing the finger at the world/Egypt, those of us who profess to believe in the Holy One of Israel need to look in our own wardrobes.


     Never mind what Egypt is doing… what are we [the children of Israel] doing?




     Allow me to make a statement:

    “Bad behavior never stems from embracing biblical Torah”.


     Once again this doesn’t mean those of us who profess to embrace biblical Torah don’t behave badly… we do, but it doesn’t come from biblical Torah, it comes from disobedience of biblical Torah or a misunderstanding of biblical Torah.

So back to our subject!




     Allow me to make another illustration. We are going to use percentage as the illustration.


     Viewing one person’s percentage, we see that bad behavior takes up 80%... thus leaving 20% for good behavior. What behavior is a child going to witness most in this person’s behavior and character?


     Viewing another person’s behavior, we see that good behavior takes up 95%... thus leaving 5% for bad behavior. What behavior is a child going to witness most in this person’s behavior and character?


     We should aim for 100% good behavior from parents… only faith in Yeshua and faithfulness to Torah, can one even contemplate, reaching this level.


     Friends we are up against powers and principalities that are far smarter than we are, make no mistake about this. These powers want to destroy the Children of Israel. Breaking down the family structure will help achieve this goal.


     Parents are supposed to be the leaders of their household. This should take place by following our Father’s instructions – biblical Torah. 


     Parents are in a vulnerable position… attacks will come. Protection can only be found under the wings of HaMoshiach – Yeshua. We must put on the full armor of YHVH… there is no other way.

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.13 Therefore, take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day and, having done all, to stand.14 Stand therefore, having your loins girded about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness,15 and your feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace.16 Above all, take the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God,18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.                            Ephesians 6:10-18 [KJ21]




     Most people I know want to be great parents… this takes hard work. Good parenting requires us to undergo self-examination. This is not a time to concentrate on a woe is me and self-flagellation session, but an honest assessment of our role as parents.


     The question then becomes, how do we assess our fruit as parents?


     The answer… we evaluate our progress through the behavior of our children!


     The behavior of our children tells us much. It is like reading our own story book, exposing what is written inside. Make no mistake, the behavior of young children reflect the pages of a parent’s story book.


     Parents embrace the assessment process… it will change the ugly spots inside your story             book. Please view this as an opportunity to repent, change and grow.


     Be encouraged that you have a chance to reflect and change.


     Be encouraged that you can help your children avoid making the same mistakes. Your rewards will be great.


     Parents, never ever give up on your self-examination. All the hard work and dedication will be returned tenfold… joy truly unspeakable.


     We know there are no silver bullets guaranteeing success, but good practices help enormously. Yelling and barking orders rarely bring good results.


     Example is the best teacher!


     Want your children to read the bible, then make sure you read the bible and are seen reading the bible.


     Want your children to be kind and forgiving, then you had better show kindness and forgiveness.

Remember, a parent can only give their children what they themselves possess.


     Doomed to failure is the parent who tries to force children to behave in a manner they themselves lack. 


     Let me ask a question:

     When a parent sees flaws and failings in their children, what are they witnessing and how will they re-act?



·                 They can view these characteristics as their own reflections and bring about change, helping child and parent.


·             They can view the child as a rebellious individual that needs a good flogging, helping neither parent or child.


     Parents and would be parents, we encourage you to examine your own story books. Allow me to ask: If a child were to pick it up, what would they witness inside?


     Will they see love, protection, understanding, guidance, and a safe home?

We hope so.


     “Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word appropriately spoken”.  Proverbs 25:11 [CJB] 


     We must strive to speak words that help our children grow into healthy citizens of biblical Israel. We cannot do such if we are filled with ungodly desires, passions, and self-righteousness.


     We do indeed struggle against rulers, authorities, and cosmic powers, and spiritual forces of evil. Yet we can be more than conquers in HaMoshiach Yeshua.


     So let us put on the full amour of God – and fight for our children, and families.


     Until we meet again… good parenting.